Saturday, April 7, 2012

PRUSA!

99% Completed Prusa Mendel Iteration 2.  Just waiting on the MK1 PCB heated bed.  All parts printed on my now defunct Huxley.  The X axis is a little short since the Z height on my Huxley was about 10mm too short to print them, but they work.

I'm also using a greg's accessible wade "reloaded" by Jonaskuehling.  Wade Reloaded

The blue glow is a bit of EL wire heading down the wire spiral.  Serves no real purpose but looks good.

Once again I'm using RAMPS 1.4 with Marlin firmware.  This time I hooked up a cooling fan to cool down parts while printing if needed.  (Skeinforge and Slic3r both have this option)

My "D9" terminal was screwed up and was always on.  It turned out to be a faulty MOSFET which I removed and replaced with another transistor I had laying around.  Since I'm only switching a fan on and off, it'll work.

When removing the old MOSFET, I pretty much destroyed the traces around it, so I had to hard wire the transistor in.   Will post more pics once my heated bed gets in.

No comments:

Post a Comment